Check PageRank




  Subscribe to Peculiar Individuality

Add to Technorati Favorites





Recent Comments



Monday, June 25, 2007

Life as a Student

I’ve been out of school for so many years, that’s 3 years to be exact. Now that I’m back to school, I really thought it would be easy. However, ‘work plus school’ is never a scoop of ice cream. I work at 8am to 5pm and had a class at 6.30pm to 9.30pm EVERYDAY. I was very enthusiastic about it when i had the first period of class – and yes, it is a lecture period. Right there and then, we have a paper work due the next evening; imagine that?!

I told myself it’s better this way cos I’m really doing my best to finish my paper. Wow, I’m back to researching and studying. Didn’t I complain (awhile back) that my brain idled while not doing anything for the past years? Jeez, I did not complain, again, it is NOT a protest. It’s my first paper afterall, so no acrimony.

My first paper was handwritten bcos our teacher wanted to submit it in ‘quiz sheet’ (wth is it?). OK, quiz sheet – it is a paper used for quizzes and papers purposely made for students for that particular department or college at that certain University. Fine! I bought 5 sheets and started writing, and that’s where I started whining.

Surprisingly, I don’t know how to write using a pen anymore. My penmanship is terrible. My right hand is already numb. I wrote a total of 3 pages for that paper. I recheck my handwriting after and obviously, I am not pleased. When was the last time I wrote something that really long? All I can remember is signing thousands of students’ grades to be released – aside from that, nothing.

Moaning doesn’t end there, bcos right after I submitted my first paper, 2 papers are up again and due after 3 and 5 days respectively – that’s aside from another paper due on the same date as one of the book. I have to read Sun Tzu’s Art of War and Musashi’s Book of 5 Rings and make a paper about it. Yes, I read books but I only read books that caught my interest and most of it was fiction, love story and scientific fiction – factual books and philosophy are so out of my league. But what else I could do about it – nothing (right?!), but READ.

I finished my other Management theorist and theories paper (that is due tonight) and miss the Art of War’s paper. I’d like to shout, ‘WHO CARES?’ but I just can’t cos I CARE. Damnit! I really hope my teacher will allow an extension cos I really had a hard time looking for the book. I’ve found an e-copy this morning, read it while making my other management paper. I’m so occupied. Though my mind is really working, as in LITERALLY working, 2 papers due tonight ate me to death.

Actually, I had a small piece to submit about the Art of War if in case my professor won’t give me extension. Well, at least, have a little to submit.

So, here I am now – preparing to take off for school. It is already 5.30pm on my clock and I have 1 hour more to go. If you think, getting your ass back to school is great, I’d say – YES, it is! It’s challenging and demanding; such pressure sweats you and you don’t realized you’re (as if) heading back to your college life cramming to make papers done in a last minute... and it's so cool!

TRIVIA for the day!

I finally able to go back to a library…. And errr, to research!

Isn’t it amazing? =p

Labels: , , , , , , , ,



posted by Yesha Gee at Monday, June 25, 2007-
11Comments:
  • At June 27, 2007 at 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    now u know how it feels, my friend. when i was completing my academic requirements in the dcm program u were one of those friends who constantly teased me for my tardiness and absenteeism. not that i am telling you to do the same thing, i'm just telling u why i performed that way. but i think u could handle the same thing better than i did, ikaw pa na very focused.

     
  • At June 27, 2007 at 7:34 AM, Blogger Ukaya Explorer Nikoysaid…

    good for you.

    i miss grad school. i'm already finished with my subjects. and i so miss doing papers. there was a time when i had to write 4 papers the night before the deadline. so exciting.haha. i discovered that i can stay awake for 15 hours without collapsing.hehe

    i'm sure you'll enjoy your schooling too.

     
  • At June 27, 2007 at 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    aja ye! ako pud soon .. makafeel na pud ko ug pressure and cramming .. bidah presidente ka?
    hehehe oi congrats! ngano bitaw'ng niskwela na naka ofis uniform ..=p ganbatte kudasaia! =)

     
  • At June 27, 2007 at 11:10 AM, Blogger Errol Fadrigosaid…

    cge lang yes...
    challenge na pud na siya sa imuha...
    hehehe...
    na miss nako amg school...
    maka miss ang mangopya...
    ang walang kamatayang photocopy...
    as of now self-study na lang ta ani...

     
  • At June 29, 2007 at 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    hehehe. Lagi oi, disoriented pa kaau ko sa school life ba pero so far, ok pa man ko. hehe. Kapoy jud cya physically ug mentally. *phews*

    ~pasensya kapoy na login hehe.

     
  • At June 29, 2007 at 1:18 PM, Blogger JUANsaid…

    hahahaha...
    now ur talking...
    that is one of the reasons
    why i would always love
    being an actor...
    i love the pressure this way...
    i F&%@!)/ hate bein' a student..
    i just love having pictorials,
    shootings, autograph signing,
    all that stuff, u know?...
    and yeah right, i think it's
    time to make your fat ass working'''
    hehehehehe... ***peace***
    labyo ye!!!!

    i wanna post more...
    some more...
    more...
    more...
    more...

     
  • At June 29, 2007 at 1:31 PM, Blogger Yesha Geesaid…

    Don't worry Manong, i'm proposing to my boss a Reality TV. I want to produce films and shows, and you knew exactly my desires for showbusiness. If ever it will push through, i will going to HIRE you.. it's a reality tv, murab PBB. hehehe. Instant Sikat ka manong. =p

    *shoot the moon!*

    i wub you manong! hehehe *pokes*

     
  • At June 30, 2007 at 11:33 AM, Blogger JUANsaid…

    really now!!!
    wwwuuuwww!!!!
    i like it...
    hahahahaha...

    no new thread yet?...
    i wanna post some more...
    more...
    more..
    more...

     
  • At July 2, 2007 at 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    ana jud na yessa..
    unsa diay nga course imong gitirahan karon??..
    basin classmates ta sa isa ka subject bah and then wala lang ta kabalo..hehehhe
    ok lang na ok..challenge man na sya...kumbaga..pampapuga sa utok!..hehehehe
    GoodLuck gurl!..
    AJA!!!

     
  • At July 2, 2007 at 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    @Mayo - Back to school pud diay ka girl? Unsa imo gi enroll? Management Accounting pa ako gina earn karon then next semester, MBA na. =p

    @juan - i know, gusto kaau nmo akong proposal. Ikaw pa, artista-wanna-be pud bya kaau ka. hehe

    Sorry, kapoy na login eh.

     
  • At July 3, 2007 at 9:36 AM, Blogger HopChowsaid…

    Well that doesn't sound all that pleasant. I think a lot of college students who don't have jobs don't understand how difficult it can be to get everything done sometimes. I hope you do your very best dear. After all of this is done there will be even more work and trouble but that's life.

     
Post a Comment



THE HEART SPEAKS

from ~~~~~~~~

DEAR JESUS,
You told Your close followers
who were taught how to seek the Father's heart
that whatever they asked for in prayer,
that they were to believe they received it
and it would be theirs. (Mark 11:24)

O, Father, help me to know Your heart intimately
so that I'll know how to pray,
what to pray,
and believe in advance
that I will receive it!


Bloggers Lane

UIC-ITE Official Blog| Bisdak Planet
Hopchow:668 The Neighbour of the Beast| Random Kalokohan Ni Nikoy
Gem Starlight Express| My Euro Travel and Adventures
Rubybenz| The World Wide Web Addict
My Daily Nourishment| Brain Blog
The Road to the Unknown| Carlson Clan Adventure
Pinay Princess| Baby Pink
I love Valerie| Pink Angel
Cherry's Comfort Zone| Kharlota| Center of my Life
Girl in Geek's Clothing| Chubby:Palms of My Hands
Sendo Taong Ninja| An Angel's Journey
Never Dainty:Girl with mud smudged cheeks| Czech Republic Trip
Rock My World| Crazy Delicious Foods
Jogja Visit| 12trav
Informasi Dumai| Mucize Yaş am
Anything Goes| A Writer's Den
Proud Mommy| Bussy Bee Mom
Rojoy's Daily Update| Mommy Joy of Two
Rojoy's Kitchen| Married With Children
Just My Opinion| Everything is Simply Amazing
Megasite for Bible Studies and Information| Daystar Shine On Me
The Long Journey of My Life| A Pinay Wife's Den
My Blogging Thoughs| Trails and Travelogues
My World of Life's Adventure| A Simple Life
Moms... check nyo| Go Confidently in the Direction of your Dreams
Kurdapya'z Journey| Simply Filipina
Life's Blah| View Point Version
Easy Cooking| Happy Daily Thoughts
Ideal Pink Rose| Alouraine:Treasure Box
Scalatan:My World in My Own World| All in Korea, Only in Korea
Portia Speaks | Jophilsuperman
Vivien:The Concept| Republic of A
Iluvhubbes:Anything Goes| Coy's Blog
Meg:The Girlicious side of a woman| July Jaguars
| Raptured Dreams
Kitty's Haven| Coy19:Fuzzy Wuzzy
marynj:Sweet Lullaby| Mariesays:Buzzing Around
Fahrenheit:Summer 95 Degrees| Andrik:Multi-Information
Ecstatic| UncleJosh:Happily Broken
Rame-ash:Sensible Innovations| CHeddarina:Click on My World
Tallboyz| Payat
Daily Happy Thoughts| Bojoy:EXPOSED My Love Strings
Highlights:Finding the Future| Alritch:A Mysterious Life
Anything Goes by Marzel| Alliance Tutorial
Goji:Living a Free Life| Did You Know?
Mars:Praying for a Beautiful Weather| Ronald Borla:As Artists Think Alike
Cathcgix:Beautiful Mediocrity| JK:See Me For What You Will
Stay Healthy and Strong| Things That Go Bump
After Working Hours| Easy Earning Dollars
Words of my Tongue| leizlmarie:lizElement/
Smakeme:Poto Funthesys | Big Money List
Anniniput:Beautiful Language | Rehabman Versus The Universe
mar2dar2:My Life | Pictures n' more
cyberk's | Textual Relations
Mahreez:Always Be a Part of Me | Ebook Help For You
Design Help For You | Portable Software Download
Hapi Blogging | The Destroyer
Time 2 Know | Arrive Alive at Your Destiny
Penned by Sterndal | WWE
Kiscope |

Note:Please let me know if i mispost your blog link and blog name. I'm being careful as much as possible. Apologies for my mistakes, if ever. And if you want me to change the link name, just buzz me. =)
Want to Exchange Links?