Check PageRank




  Subscribe to Peculiar Individuality

Add to Technorati Favorites





Recent Comments



Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Animal Rights Advocacy

I love pets, the people around me knows that. We have dogs and cats at home. Unfortunately, my 2 cats died for clumsy reasons and I fully blame myself for the loss. It is not new to the people that Filipino eats ‘dog meat’. Yes, these people are nothing but monster to me. They are the worst animal. They’re cruel and should be put in jail.

Somewhere in Luzon, dogs are served as ‘pulutan’ (liquor’s partner). Meager income people enjoy every serving of it. And it is very improbable to hear cos for all we know, dogs are not supposed to be eaten. Dogs are pets, guardians at home – a man’s bestfriend.

I saw on television a News Sitcom that investigates the said issues. And I was crushed to see that hundreds of native dogs are delivered from different part of the country to a certain place in Luzon; a place they called ‘Dog Meat Industry’. I even saw how some of these ‘criminals’ whacked the head of the dog that is set to be slaughter. I also discover many recipes these people cooked from the dog meat. And my blood boils seeing those ‘stupid’ people take pleasure in every bite of it.


I just can’t hide the tears I shed while watching the show. I felt so hopeless that all I can do is to pray for the dog’s safety and recovery. The dogs were abused, harassed and maltreated. You can see bruises, scars, fresh cuts, bloods and anything cruel. You could see how hard to fight to live and how lonely their eyes – which will squeeze your heart badly. I can even see tears on their eyes and I couldn’t help but cry. Luzon is far from Mindanao (where I live). I want to help the dogs. I want to scream and whack those ‘criminals’ myself. The dogs had enough of their whacking, and those ‘criminals’ are most likely deserved my hardest whack.

When a private organization (that supports animal welfare) was introduced, it gives me hope; a hope that will save dogs helpless dogs in cage. I’m so happy that a private organization named ‘Animal Kingdom’ saved those dogs. The mission of Animal Kingdom Foundation is to support, protect and promote welfare and the rights of animals, to eliminate the practice of illegal slaughter of dogs for human consumption and to introduce legislations or amendments in the existing animal-welfare laws of the Philippines.

But why this has to happen? What forced these people to be cruel? Was it because of poverty?

In fairness to my underprivileged countrymen, they have their own reasons. I just can’t blame them. Poor and hungry – they have no money to buy more appropriate and decent food (we eat). Dog meat and delicacies are affordable. These people are deprived financially. Now, who’s to blame, the government or themselves?

I limit my advocacy to dogs and cats cos it’s hypocrite to include pigs, cows, carabao, fish and chicken – that I commonly eat. I can’t consider myself as a full-pledged Animal Right Advocate because I am not qualified. Needless to say, I am happy that people are (now) educated about the Animal Rights. I looked up to some organizations that fought against animal cruelty. I salute them.

I am hoping – you guys respect their rights too.

Featured dogs: Wyatt, Gabrielle, Kendy, Lord Domino, Coco, Chino and Missy.

Labels: , , , , , ,



posted by Yesha Gee at Tuesday, May 08, 2007-
17Comments:
  • At May 9, 2007 at 5:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    i don't like dogs and cats ... but
    they don't obviously belong to the list of domisticated animals ... so they don't deserve to be slaughtered ... unfortunately, it's a local delicacy on the tagalog region

     
  • At May 9, 2007 at 1:03 PM, Blogger Errol Fadrigosaid…

    it's sad why sila ginagawang pulutan...
    sana malagyan ng rabies ang mga taong kumakatay kay bantay...
    i saw once sa road...
    while i was waiting sa trisikad...
    may nakita ako na 4 na aso na sumunod sa kanilang amo sa palabas papunta ng street road na may naga daan na mga sasakyan...
    unfortunately nasagasaan ang isang aso...
    sute pa naman ang aso na yun...
    chubby masyado...
    nakita ko talaga ang accident...
    the dog was dead...
    humihinga pa pero di na mabuhay...
    my heart stops and nasaktan ako sa nangyari...
    hanggang ngayon ma remember ko talaga ang incident na yun...
    kaya let's love our pets...

     
  • At May 9, 2007 at 1:09 PM, Blogger Errol Fadrigosaid…

    watch din kayo ng CHARLOTTE'S WEB...
    na touch ako sa movie na yun...
    it may be a cliche movie...
    pero maganda ang message ng movie...

     
  • At May 9, 2007 at 1:10 PM, Blogger Yesha Geesaid…

    I am blessed to have friends who also love pets. I am wishing people will realize that.

    @Kalamansi
    Kalooy pud sa dog oi. Unya, naunsa ang tag-iya?

     
  • At May 9, 2007 at 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    It makes me sick seeing this. I could never even dream of eating dog meat. I'm so close with my dog it would be like eating my best friend.

    But if you have nothing else to eat and you don't think of dogs that way maybe they can do it. It would totally break my heart though.

     
  • At May 10, 2007 at 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    yup, poverty is one good reason behind these slaughters... so, whats the most logical thing to do? kill the criminals and serve them as gourmet dilicacies... :D

    kidding aside, i dont like the idea of slaughtering dogs [cant quite say i HATE it, i mean, put yourself in the shoes of someone who has no food and finds a stray dog, what COULD you do?] their place is somewhere along the bleeding arm of a burglar and not in some cheapa** plate...

     
  • At May 10, 2007 at 7:35 AM, Blogger Ukaya Explorer Nikoysaid…

    masking unsang animal malain ko na patyon. masking baboy ug manok. pero mukaon gihapon ko. and i love pork and chicken! waahh! walay mahitabo kung dili ko magchange.

    pero more so pa ang cats ug dogs. di ko ganahan na ginpatay sila. ug di pud ko ganahan ug owners na dili responsable sa ilang pets.

    ug if we can't take care of our pets, what more sa uban tao diba. na ang pets panaman ang pinaka loyal sa tanan. masking kulatahon nimo, ilove gihapon ka nila unconditionally. huhuhu. gusto lang nako magdrama! haha

     
  • At May 12, 2007 at 1:24 PM, Blogger Yesha Geesaid…

    Thank you for dropping by pretty Amy. (i wonder if you're Killar's gf hehe o_O)

    But anyway, i'm glad you guys are against "Animal Cruelty". For whatever reasons, abusing animals is against the law. However, aren't cow, pi, fish and chicken being abused? I've got a clear answer through the 'food chain'. Those animals are considered part of the food chain, cos 'human' consumes them as it is proven to be 'safe' and is likely to be eaten for centuries. We eat them cos it balances the food chain as well. Dogs, cats, rabbits, and the likes are excluded cos their animals are likely for home pets and buddies. =)

    I hope i have a point though. o_O

     
  • At May 12, 2007 at 1:26 PM, Blogger Yesha Geesaid…

    I have to repost to edit misspelled words and typo errors. =)

    But anyway, i'm glad you guys are against "Animal Cruelty". For whatever reasons, abusing animals is against the law. However, aren't cow, pig, fish and chicken being abused? I've got a clear answer through the 'food chain'. Those animals are considered part of the food chain, cos 'human' consumes them as it is proven to be 'safe' and is likely to be eaten for centuries. We eat them cos it balances the food chain as well. Dogs, cats, rabbits, and the likes are excluded cos these animals are likely for home pets and buddies. =)

    I hope i have a point though. o_O

     
  • At May 13, 2007 at 1:17 PM, Blogger Unknownsaid…

    maka relate ko ka kay i despise those who eat dogs or cats or turtles or sharks..what have you basta any meat other than the usual meat na ginakaon nato like fish,chicken, beef and pork..bias man pero ako ning opinion..dili nako ma imagine mukaon ug iro or iring its like eating or killing your relative or friend...

     
  • At May 13, 2007 at 1:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    maka relate ko ka kay i despise those who eat dogs or cats or turtles or sharks..what have you basta any meat other than the usual meat na ginakaon nato like fish,chicken, beef and pork..bias man pero ako ning opinion..dili nako ma imagine mukaon ug iro or iring its like eating or killing your relative or friend...

     
  • At May 19, 2007 at 10:20 AM, Blogger JUANsaid…

    i love dogs too...
    i have 5 dogs...
    3 askals and..
    2 of them are suppose to be with breed...
    i dont know what happened to them...
    hehehhe..
    they act like askals now...
    no difference at all...
    hahahaha...

    how's kendi by the way simple?...
    i heared there was a miscarriage...
    sad but good thing nothing happened
    to kendi...
    i remeber you rushing at the office.
    crying, asking for an emergency leave...
    whew...i thought someone died...
    oh yeah, someone died, right,
    kendi's puppies...

    :))

     
  • At May 19, 2007 at 11:12 AM, Blogger Yesha Geesaid…

    That's very funny Manong, but i think , i should blame you for my loss.

    *cuts your witchy tongue* LOL

     
  • At May 19, 2007 at 11:13 AM, Blogger JUANsaid…

    oi...
    u still remember that?...
    hehehehe...
    i did not include that here...
    i tot u had forgotten..
    hahahaha...

     
  • At May 19, 2007 at 11:47 AM, Blogger Yesha Geesaid…

    There's no way i could forget that. You simply ruined my business. Now, i'm broke. hah

    *treat me some cold coffe manong* =p

     
  • At May 23, 2007 at 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    hey its keroro thanks for your blog . really appreciate it XD

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 9:20 PM, Blogger merjoem32said…

    I love animal. I think we have six cats and four dogs at home. Or is it eight cats? I can never tell how many cats we have because they multiply like rabbits. We also have a lot of fish and parakeets. Anyway, I am interested in any advocacy campaign that supports animal rights. We share the planet with them sop we also have to give them space and protection against abuse.

     
Post a Comment



THE HEART SPEAKS

from ~~~~~~~~

DEAR JESUS,
You told Your close followers
who were taught how to seek the Father's heart
that whatever they asked for in prayer,
that they were to believe they received it
and it would be theirs. (Mark 11:24)

O, Father, help me to know Your heart intimately
so that I'll know how to pray,
what to pray,
and believe in advance
that I will receive it!


Bloggers Lane

UIC-ITE Official Blog| Bisdak Planet
Hopchow:668 The Neighbour of the Beast| Random Kalokohan Ni Nikoy
Gem Starlight Express| My Euro Travel and Adventures
Rubybenz| The World Wide Web Addict
My Daily Nourishment| Brain Blog
The Road to the Unknown| Carlson Clan Adventure
Pinay Princess| Baby Pink
I love Valerie| Pink Angel
Cherry's Comfort Zone| Kharlota| Center of my Life
Girl in Geek's Clothing| Chubby:Palms of My Hands
Sendo Taong Ninja| An Angel's Journey
Never Dainty:Girl with mud smudged cheeks| Czech Republic Trip
Rock My World| Crazy Delicious Foods
Jogja Visit| 12trav
Informasi Dumai| Mucize Yaş am
Anything Goes| A Writer's Den
Proud Mommy| Bussy Bee Mom
Rojoy's Daily Update| Mommy Joy of Two
Rojoy's Kitchen| Married With Children
Just My Opinion| Everything is Simply Amazing
Megasite for Bible Studies and Information| Daystar Shine On Me
The Long Journey of My Life| A Pinay Wife's Den
My Blogging Thoughs| Trails and Travelogues
My World of Life's Adventure| A Simple Life
Moms... check nyo| Go Confidently in the Direction of your Dreams
Kurdapya'z Journey| Simply Filipina
Life's Blah| View Point Version
Easy Cooking| Happy Daily Thoughts
Ideal Pink Rose| Alouraine:Treasure Box
Scalatan:My World in My Own World| All in Korea, Only in Korea
Portia Speaks | Jophilsuperman
Vivien:The Concept| Republic of A
Iluvhubbes:Anything Goes| Coy's Blog
Meg:The Girlicious side of a woman| July Jaguars
| Raptured Dreams
Kitty's Haven| Coy19:Fuzzy Wuzzy
marynj:Sweet Lullaby| Mariesays:Buzzing Around
Fahrenheit:Summer 95 Degrees| Andrik:Multi-Information
Ecstatic| UncleJosh:Happily Broken
Rame-ash:Sensible Innovations| CHeddarina:Click on My World
Tallboyz| Payat
Daily Happy Thoughts| Bojoy:EXPOSED My Love Strings
Highlights:Finding the Future| Alritch:A Mysterious Life
Anything Goes by Marzel| Alliance Tutorial
Goji:Living a Free Life| Did You Know?
Mars:Praying for a Beautiful Weather| Ronald Borla:As Artists Think Alike
Cathcgix:Beautiful Mediocrity| JK:See Me For What You Will
Stay Healthy and Strong| Things That Go Bump
After Working Hours| Easy Earning Dollars
Words of my Tongue| leizlmarie:lizElement/
Smakeme:Poto Funthesys | Big Money List
Anniniput:Beautiful Language | Rehabman Versus The Universe
mar2dar2:My Life | Pictures n' more
cyberk's | Textual Relations
Mahreez:Always Be a Part of Me | Ebook Help For You
Design Help For You | Portable Software Download
Hapi Blogging | The Destroyer
Time 2 Know | Arrive Alive at Your Destiny
Penned by Sterndal | WWE
Kiscope |

Note:Please let me know if i mispost your blog link and blog name. I'm being careful as much as possible. Apologies for my mistakes, if ever. And if you want me to change the link name, just buzz me. =)
Want to Exchange Links?