Check PageRank




  Subscribe to Peculiar Individuality

Add to Technorati Favorites





Recent Comments



Tuesday, April 24, 2007

How precious my Vote is?

May 2007 is fast approaching – will just means ‘Election’ is near; and I can’t tell if suffrage will heal the illness of my country cos "Not a man in the entire universe hasn’t heard how the politics in my country gross." They said ‘we can help build a new Philippines’ or even ‘Simple lang, pero Rock! (Simple but Rock)', etcetera and etcetera.

Genuine Opposition versus Team Unity is the main partylist to choose from. Campaign Ads are everywhere – messing up the streets, clean walls and views. Ads in many sizes and different qualities rampantly hanging and posted to wherever ‘those assigned people’ lead them. No matter how the places are clean, if private or public – as long as it is a perfect spot then expect a bunch of campaign ads that makes their own ads community.

If you tour around the city, every DLPC posts are the main habitat of these exasperating posters and streamers. Even the local election candidates spent too much buying and posting those ‘cheap’ campaign ads – which more or less have a week life given a rain and shine weather.

Slogan of these partylists is never an 'eye catcher' to me. They even irritates me – cos the fact that there are only 4 senators fixed on my list and I can’t tell if I can add more. I’ve been asking some friends who they’ll cast their votes and they’ll just ask me in return who’s mine? Not even one of my friends is ready to vote cos much of the candidates are trashes – just pieces of shit and garbage. Yes, condemn me if I tell you this and I am not afraid if one of those ‘people’ got pissed with what I’ve said. This is my will – a free will to state my mind and to express myself through words.

Now, who’s got my vote – Genuine Opposition or Team Unity? Three of my votes came from the Genuine Opposition and one from the Independent Body; and none from Team Unity. I won’t name names but it’s sad to know that I can only choose 4 among ‘those’ people. I kept asking myself ‘Why?’ – maybe because these people presented themselves to the public with all the as-if 's, talks shit about attaining and achieving certain things that obviously they can’t do, made promises as if they’re all Gods and leaves false hopes to numbers of my ignorant and illiterate brothers and sisters.

My time is running out and I still can’t fully book my senatorial
candidates and my local government officials. Can my vote change a thing? Will my vote brings a new Philippines? Should I really vote with just 4 people on the list? Would this make a better place? Could it stop poverty? Etcetera and etcetera --- too many questions that I can’t even answer.

Is my vote precious to the people, to the society and to the country? For some reasons I get a glimpse of my answers: To the people – may be and may be not – cos people just didn’t care at all. Large percentage of the Filipino people didn’t bother to think about it. To the society, if I cast my vote to the right people then it is. To the country, I hope. Above all, my vote is precious to the people running for the seat!

One vote can make a difference – it is then precious; and for my beloved Philippines, i will vote.

Note: All pictures are taken from the internet.

Labels: , , ,



posted by Yesha Gee at Tuesday, April 24, 2007-
12Comments:
  • At April 25, 2007 at 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    i can't exercise my right to vote yet ... still not registered =(

     
  • At April 25, 2007 at 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    i go for the genuine opposition too... and although the prospect of senators and congressmen arguing continuously in the hall is to be realized soon, it is better to put in more anti-admin officials to watch gloria and her cronies' steps toward manipulating the people and the constitution. i hope the people would put on their guard against another scandalous and illegitimate election. i thnk the present administration would do everything within their power to ensure that they put their people in the position. u know why? because this year's election is very crucial for gloria and the admin. if the admin candidates lose, then the charter change which gloria is pushing would not be realized... and she has to change the constitution, that is for her to stay in power, have a little more time for her advisers to devise plans that would free her of public indignation and even more time to settle her cases before they are even heard of in the court and in the news.

    on the other hand, if the GO wins, then we hope they continue to be against the reigning regime and continue to say no to charter change. there are a lot of anti-filipino premises in the proposed constitutional change ranging from education to healthcare, housing, environment and natural resources management, livelihood, and more. these are anti-filipino...kulang na lang ibenta na ang mga pinoy abroad to be the modern slaves of other nations. kulang na lang ipa-rape na ang mga resources ng pilipinas para lang maka-encourage ng mga investors to come to the country.

    i really wish we vote wisely this time.

     
  • At April 25, 2007 at 9:41 AM, Blogger Yesha Geesaid…

    That's absolutely right! i really wish (too) we will vote wisely this time. =)

     
  • At April 25, 2007 at 9:41 AM, Blogger Errol Fadrigosaid…

    i really hope kung kinsa man ang mudaog karon na election kay buhaton nila ang mga promises nila. basi parehas lang gihapon. wala gyud pagbago kung walay mag bago. basi maayo lang na sila karon kay election man. pero pag naka lingkod na kay cge na away. murag kalimot na sa ilahang gi promise. i hope kung GO ang mudaog dili nila i prioritize ang pag panaog kay GMA. kay kung kana ang mahitabo klaro na kaayo na pangsarili lang ang gina-isip nila. i am not a PRO GMA nor ANTI GMA. gusto lang nako unta dili na lang tanan sisihon kay GMA.

     
  • At April 25, 2007 at 9:46 AM, Blogger Yesha Geesaid…

    I got your point Digi pero talamak naman gud ang mga palpak ni Arroyo; not to mention ang mga scandal ug ang kabulok sa iyang administrasyon.

    Unta lagi, magbag-o na ang sistema. Kon dli man gani sisihon pag ayo si GMA, unta man lang -- maningkamot cya na mubalik ang trust sa mga tao sa iya. Buhaton niya ang tama -- ug kanang para sa nakadghan ug dli ang pansarili lang. =)

     
  • At April 26, 2007 at 3:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    Not sure how it works in the philippines but where I come from you can actually cast a blank vote. This is a new option because not enough people were voting. The number of blank votes starts to raise concern that people (especially the younger demografics) are really confused about election promises of gold and green forests... Hopefully in the future politicians will become honest about what they intend to accomplish and also achieve it, YEAH RIGHT! This is real life, not some anime or drama we watch on telly!

    I say vote for either the devil you know or the least evil candidate you can find...

    Oh, and on a side note, I was here before trying to figure out the math thing. It did not make sense to me so I left again ^_^ sorry

     
  • At April 26, 2007 at 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    This is no place for a Texan to respond. But Like Pewee said, they are all evil and you just have to do your homework and find out which one is the least evil. And if you choose the wrong one it's no guarantee they will win anyway.

     
  • At April 26, 2007 at 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    maka PICHAY ka man gani!!!

     
  • At April 26, 2007 at 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    It's really hard to choose right now, hindi kasi natin makita kung sino talaga yung sincere at totoong tao sa kanila.I hope kung sino man ang manalo,he/she would really have a good intentions in serving the Filipino people.

     
  • At April 28, 2007 at 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    i go for the Genuine Opposition. :)

     
  • At April 28, 2007 at 1:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymoussaid…

    i go for the Genuine Opposition. :)

     
  • At May 2, 2007 at 7:40 AM, Blogger Ukaya Explorer Nikoysaid…

    no idea. mas daghan siguro kog iboto sa opposition. pero sa tan aw nako, go or team unity, puro trapo gihapon sila.

     
Post a Comment



THE HEART SPEAKS

from ~~~~~~~~

DEAR JESUS,
You told Your close followers
who were taught how to seek the Father's heart
that whatever they asked for in prayer,
that they were to believe they received it
and it would be theirs. (Mark 11:24)

O, Father, help me to know Your heart intimately
so that I'll know how to pray,
what to pray,
and believe in advance
that I will receive it!


Bloggers Lane

UIC-ITE Official Blog| Bisdak Planet
Hopchow:668 The Neighbour of the Beast| Random Kalokohan Ni Nikoy
Gem Starlight Express| My Euro Travel and Adventures
Rubybenz| The World Wide Web Addict
My Daily Nourishment| Brain Blog
The Road to the Unknown| Carlson Clan Adventure
Pinay Princess| Baby Pink
I love Valerie| Pink Angel
Cherry's Comfort Zone| Kharlota| Center of my Life
Girl in Geek's Clothing| Chubby:Palms of My Hands
Sendo Taong Ninja| An Angel's Journey
Never Dainty:Girl with mud smudged cheeks| Czech Republic Trip
Rock My World| Crazy Delicious Foods
Jogja Visit| 12trav
Informasi Dumai| Mucize Yaş am
Anything Goes| A Writer's Den
Proud Mommy| Bussy Bee Mom
Rojoy's Daily Update| Mommy Joy of Two
Rojoy's Kitchen| Married With Children
Just My Opinion| Everything is Simply Amazing
Megasite for Bible Studies and Information| Daystar Shine On Me
The Long Journey of My Life| A Pinay Wife's Den
My Blogging Thoughs| Trails and Travelogues
My World of Life's Adventure| A Simple Life
Moms... check nyo| Go Confidently in the Direction of your Dreams
Kurdapya'z Journey| Simply Filipina
Life's Blah| View Point Version
Easy Cooking| Happy Daily Thoughts
Ideal Pink Rose| Alouraine:Treasure Box
Scalatan:My World in My Own World| All in Korea, Only in Korea
Portia Speaks | Jophilsuperman
Vivien:The Concept| Republic of A
Iluvhubbes:Anything Goes| Coy's Blog
Meg:The Girlicious side of a woman| July Jaguars
| Raptured Dreams
Kitty's Haven| Coy19:Fuzzy Wuzzy
marynj:Sweet Lullaby| Mariesays:Buzzing Around
Fahrenheit:Summer 95 Degrees| Andrik:Multi-Information
Ecstatic| UncleJosh:Happily Broken
Rame-ash:Sensible Innovations| CHeddarina:Click on My World
Tallboyz| Payat
Daily Happy Thoughts| Bojoy:EXPOSED My Love Strings
Highlights:Finding the Future| Alritch:A Mysterious Life
Anything Goes by Marzel| Alliance Tutorial
Goji:Living a Free Life| Did You Know?
Mars:Praying for a Beautiful Weather| Ronald Borla:As Artists Think Alike
Cathcgix:Beautiful Mediocrity| JK:See Me For What You Will
Stay Healthy and Strong| Things That Go Bump
After Working Hours| Easy Earning Dollars
Words of my Tongue| leizlmarie:lizElement/
Smakeme:Poto Funthesys | Big Money List
Anniniput:Beautiful Language | Rehabman Versus The Universe
mar2dar2:My Life | Pictures n' more
cyberk's | Textual Relations
Mahreez:Always Be a Part of Me | Ebook Help For You
Design Help For You | Portable Software Download
Hapi Blogging | The Destroyer
Time 2 Know | Arrive Alive at Your Destiny
Penned by Sterndal | WWE
Kiscope |

Note:Please let me know if i mispost your blog link and blog name. I'm being careful as much as possible. Apologies for my mistakes, if ever. And if you want me to change the link name, just buzz me. =)
Want to Exchange Links?